There is now a 64-bit version of OsiriX,
OsiriX MD, the clinical version of OsiriX for primary diagnosis, FDA-Cleared and CE II certified, is also distributed as a full 64-bit application.
Open an unlimited number of images and get rid of the memory related crashes !
The true facts about OsiriX 64-bit version versus standard version 32-bit:
OsiriX MD and OsiriX 64-bit require:
- MacOS 10.8 or higher, required
- 4 GB or more of RAM to fully benefit of the extra-large memory addressing space
OsiriX MD and OsiriX 64-bit advantages:
- Get rid of the 'not enough memory' messages.
- Get rid of the OsiriX crashes related to memory addressing.
- Fully use your computer memory, address more than the 32-bit limit.
- OsiriX will run faster (between 25% to 400%, depending on the functions).