There is now a 64-bit extension to the free and open-source OsiriX software,
OsiriX MD, the clinical version of OsiriX, FDA-Cleared, is also distributed with the 64-bit extension.
Open an unlimited number of images and get rid of the memory related crashes !
The true facts about OsiriX 64-bit version versus standard version 32-bit:
OsiriX 64-bit extension requires:
- OsiriX latest version
- MacOS 10.7 or higher, required
- 3 GB or more of RAM to fully benefit of the extra-large memory addressing space
OsiriX 64-bit extension advantages:
- Get rid of the 'not enough memory' messages.
- Get rid of the OsiriX crashes related to memory addressing.
- Fully use your computer memory, address more than the 32-bit limit.
- OsiriX will run faster (between 25% to 400%, depending on the functions).
OsiriX 64-bit extension is available as an extension to standard 32-bit version of OsiriX.